Our main function is the stewardship of dog parks in The Rockaways in Queens, NY. Freeway Dog Park in Rockaway Beach is one of, if not the largest official dog park within the five boroughs. The newly opened Shorefront Dog Run is also under our care. We are the only organization in NYC that cares for more than one dog park. Our ultimate goal is giving owners and their pets a chance to socialize and exercise. Over the years, we have sponsored activities that focus on the human and animal bond, such as canine ice cream socials and costume parties. We have provided access to free or low cost pet services and assisted the homeless animal population here in New York City. In the days after Sandy, we also provided relief to pet owners by bringing supplies and pointing people to various channels for help. These activities have made us realize that Rockaway needs not just a dog park organization, but an organization to fulfill the many needs of all of its pet owners.
- 2010 Queens Outstanding Partnership Award (Partnerships for Parks)
- 2011 Community Groundbreaker Award (Citizens Committee for NYC)
- 2011 "Best of Outdoors" Dog Park (Curbed NY)
- 2013 PfP Superstorm Sandy Recovery
- 2013 Nutro "Room to Run"
- 2018 Partnership for Parks Capacity Grant
- 2020 Partnership for Parks Legacy Award