Here are the rules we've proposed to the Parks Dept to post at our park and still awaiting an answer. This is based off of NYC basic rules, rules that have been discussed with other dog groups around NYC at meetings and forums, and pain points told to us by Freeway Dog Park users. If you experience someone not following the currently posted rules, or an agressive dog or owner, please call the 100th precinct:(718) 318-4200.
Proposed Park Rules and Guidelines by NYC Dog Park Groups
1. Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries caused by them. Cooperation between dog owners is essential.
2. All dogs must be properly licensed, vaccinated, and healthy. No puppies under 4 months.
3. Dogs must always wear a collar and ID tags. No prong, choke, or spike collars may be worn inside the park. Owners must have a leash. Unleash and re-leash your dog within the double entry gates to avoid fights.
4. No dogs without humans or humans without dogs. No more than 3 dogs per person.
5. Owners must clean up after their dog's waste and must fill in holes dug by their dogs.
6. Dogs showing aggression towards people or other animals must leave. Avoid bringing a dog with a history of aggressive behavior.
7. Owners must always supervise and control their dogs.
8. Dogs in heat are not allowed inside the park. Spaying or neutering your dog is strongly suggested to avoid fights.
9. No food in the park. No glass containers allowed. Waste should be thrown in proper receptacles.
10. Parents bring children to the park at their own risk. Please do not bring children under 5 to the park for their safety. Children under 13 must be supervised by a guardian. Please keep children off agility equipment and discourage activities that may excite the dogs. No bikes, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, or roller skates permitted inside the park.